Yay! A new
From the Community Advocate's Facebook post and article, "Memorial Day to be commemorated in region Monday, May 25":
Westborough – Activities begin Monday, May 25 at 8 a.m. with coffee and donuts at the VFW Post 9013, 9A Milk St. Buses will depart for St. Luke’s Cemetery at 8:30 a.m., then proceed to Pine Grove Cemetery, Midland Cemetery, and the Forbes Municipal Building’s WWI, WWII, Korean War, and Gulf War memorials, 45 W. Main St.
At each stop, there will be the performance of the National Anthem, presentation of a wreath, a prayer, volleys of rifle fire, and the playing of “Taps” during the raising of the flag. Music will be performed by students from Westborough High and middle schools.
During the rifle fire the Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts will read the names of veterans who died in 2014.
State Senator James Eldridge, State Reps. Carolyn Dykema, Hannah Kane and Danielle Gregoire will join Lt. Governor Karyn Polito to honor the town’s veterans.
Following the parade, all town officials, invited guests, and veterans groups are invited to the Westborough Memorial VFW Post 9013 for a cookout.(full post & comments)
[ Please note, after the BOS meeting formally concludes, they will adjourn to attend the Westborough Planning Board meeting, which is being held in Room 23, 2nd Floor of the Forbes Municipal Building at 45 West Main Street, Westborough, MA, for:
- Discussion with Board of Selectmen and School Committee on extension of the DPOD Zoning District
Here is the formal Planning Board Agenda -- webmaster ]
WESTBOROUGH BOARD OF SELECTMEN
Fire Station Meeting Room, 42 Milk Street
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
(Times are approximate)
- 6:30 p.m. Pledge of Allegiance
- 6:35 p.m. Consent Agenda
- 2015 Service Level Study Committee (5 Members)
- 300th Anniversary Committee (1 Member)
- Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee (1 Member)
- Central Mass Regional Planning Commission (1 Alternate Member)
- Commissioners of Trust Funds (1 Member)
- Conservation Commission (2 Non-Voting Associates)
- Economic Development Committee (1Member, 1 Non-Voting Associate)
- Historical Commission (1 Member, 2 Non-Voting Associates)
- Housing Partnership Committee (1 Member)
- Open Space Preservation Committee (1 Member)
- Recreation Commission (1 Non-Voting Associate)
- Tot Lot Committee (1 Member)
- Veterans’ Advisory Board (1 Member)
- Water Resource Review Committee (7 Members)
2. 6:35 p.m. Concent agenda
- Request to Approve April 14, 2015 Minutes
- Request to Approve April 28, 2015 Minutes
- Request to Approve Common Victualer Permit for Chop Kabob, LLC, 290 Turnpike Road / Akbar Niyaipour
3. 6:40 p.m. Request to Approve Change of Manager Liquor License Application for Bertucci’s Restaurant, 60 Turnpike Road / Sandra Ginsberg
4. 6:45 p.m. Request to Appoint David Holt as a Patrolman / Chief Gordon
5. 6:50 p.m. Request to Appoint Brian Gerardi and Joseph Gonet as Reserve Intermittent Police Officers / Chief Gordon
6. 6:55 p.m. Request to Declare a 2007 Ford Crown Victoria as Surplus / DPW Manager
7. 7:00 p.m. Request to Award FY 2016 Bids for Various Aggregate Materials / DPW Manager
8. Town Manager Report
Issues and Correspondence of the Selectmen
[ Original received copy: BOS 05-19-15 Agenda ](full post & comments)
Take-out menu scanned 9-May-2015.
Here's their Google+ page with phone and hours.(full post & comments)
The 2015 Westborough High School Fine Arts Gala Concert and Exhibition
This event, sponsored by the Westborough Fine Arts Education Association, serves as a fundraiser to help fund district-wide programs and provide scholarships to graduating seniors.
This year’s Gala will be held on Thursday, April 30th at Westborough High School from 5:00 pm until approximately 9:30 pm. The event will showcase the talents of over 500 students in Music, Theater, and Visual Arts. Among the honors earned by Westboro ensembles this year are Gold and Silver ratings at the 2015 MICCA Festival and a Gold Key in the Scholastic Art Competition.
5:00-9:00 pm: Silent Auction! (ongoing). This year’s auction will also be available online beginning on April 23rd at the following link:
The live auction will end after intermission of the concert.
Complimentary appetizers and desserts will be served.
5:30-7:30 pm: Visual Arts display in the upper auditorium lobby with small ensembles performing in the upper and lower auditorium lobbies.
7:30 pm: Concert in the auditorium featuring all performing ensembles, including bands, orchestras, choruses and small groups.
The WHS Choirs will be performing as the Choral Union presenting a piece titled Everyone Sang. This piece was commissioned by the WHS Choirs with a grant from the Westborough Cultural Council. The piece was written just for WHS Choirs by Boston-based composer, Dr. William Cutter, and the world premiere of the piece will happen during the Gala Concert. This is a rare and exciting opportunity for our students. I hope you come and support your student and hear the world premiere of Everyone Sang.
Due to assigned seating in the auditorium, as well as high demand for tickets, it is recommend that you reserve your seats in advance of this performance. Please note that this event is not included as part of the Family Concert Pass series.
For further information, contact Mr. Martin at email@example.com.(full post & comments)
The Westborough Public Library is holding a Shred Day, on Saturday, April 25 from 12pm – 2pm in the parking lot between the library and the Congregational Church of Westborough.
You can safely get rid of your unwanted personal paperwork… old tax statements, bank/investment records, etc.
A mobile shred truck will be on site to shred your documents. They will not take phone books, catalogs, binders, or magazines.
There will be a limit of 3 paper shopping bags per person.
This event is free. Please call the library at 508-366-3050 for more information.(full post & comments)
Looking for old items? Try the ARTICLE ARCHIVES.