Girl Scout Alumnae Invited to Camp Bonnie Brae's 90th anniversary
EAST OTIS – July 10th is the requested deadline to register for Girl Scouts of Central & Western Massachusetts’ Camp Bonnie Brae 90th anniversary celebration, to be held at Camp Bonnie Brae on July 25th.
If you were ever a camper or a counselor at either Camp Bonnie Brae or Camp Edith G. Newell, and even if you weren’t, you are invited to join the fun and relive favorite camp memories. The day will feature typical camp activities; swimming, boating, hiking, singing, games and crafts. The evening will feature a Wish Boat ceremony, a camp fire and s’mores, of course, and more.
You can register for just the day, stay for dinner, or stay overnight. To receive a formal invitation or to find out more, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Brenda Wolfe at (800) 462-9100.
Add a comment
Operatic Recital featuring Westborough's Karen Amlaw, soprano on Sun June 21
06/21/09 – WORCESTER, MA – Westborough resident, soprano Karen Amlaw, accompanied by acclaimed pianist Olga Rogach, will present Mozart to Puccini & More, an operatic recital, on Sunday, June 21, 2009 (Fathers’ Day) at 2 PM at Briarwood Community Center, 65 Briarwood Circle, Worcester, MA. Admission to this performance is free and open to the public (donations to defray the costs of preparing and presenting this program will be accepted at the door).
The program is planned to open with arias from Mozart’s Don Giovanni and Così Fan Tutte followed by selections from Verdi’s Simon Boccanegra, Korngold’s Die Tote Stadt, and Catalani’s La Wally. Puccini works comprise the second half of the program, including selections from Turandot, Manon Lescaut, La Rondine, Suor Angelica, and Gianni Schicchi.
Click Read More... below for the full story.Add a comment Read more: Operatic Recital featuring Westborough's Karen Amlaw, soprano on Sun June 21
Gibbons 8th Grade Dance changed to Wed Jun 24 2009
A message from GIBBONS MIDDLE SCHOOL
GIBBONS MIDDLE SCHOOL
Message sent - 6/17/2009
grade 8 dance changed to June 24
Hello Gibbons Middle School Grade 8 parents. This is assistant principal, Chris Fournier. I am sending this message to inform you that the grade 8 end of the year dance sponsored by the Gibbons Parent Group that was originally scheduled for Thursday June 18th, has been moved to Wednesday, June 24th from 6:30-9PM here at the Gibbons Middle School Cafeteria. Admission is free and the dance is open to all grade 8 students from Gibbons. Thank You, and have a good night.
Mr. FournierAdd a comment
Practical Kabbalah & Positive Psychology lecture - Wed Jun 17, 2009
- Skills of adapatbility
- Why is it happening right now? - the Kabbalah answers
- Stop worrying - nurturing a positive psychology
- Focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses
- Protect your mental and physical health.
Seats are limited. Bookings and early arrival is recommended.
About Rabbi Dr. Laibl Wolf:
His innovative approach taps into the power of Kabbalah, applying its message to the daily challenges of life. Rabbi Wolf is founding lecturer in Jewish Mysticism and Spirituality at Melbourne University.
Laibl Wolf has presented at the American Psychological Association Annual Convention; at the International Gawler Foundation Mind/Body and Wellness Conference, at the Fortune 500 Convention, and others. He currently resides in Melbourne, Australia.
Add a comment
Summer 2009's Wednesday Field Trips from Community Education
Still not sure what your summer plans will be once school's out? How about reviewing what's available from Westborough Community Education's Summer Program? Here's an excerpt from their brochure.
Summer Day Camp Field Trip Information
Last summer, in order to provide a more diverse summer camp experience, we introduced weekly field trips that the campers really enjoyed. The field trips are optional and students wishing to participate will need to pay an additional fee to cover the cost of transportation and admission. We anticipate that most campers will attend field trips, and we strongly encourage you to allow your child to participate. However, for those students who remain at camp, there will be special activities designed for them. Please determine the field trips you would like your son/daughter to attend below, and then return a signed permission form with payment for the selected trips by the due date indicated. Unlike last summer, we will not accept late registrations for field trips. We are looking forward to a fantastic summer filled with fun and excitement for all.
Summer 2009 Field Trips:
ALL campers attending field trips should wear their camp T-shirts the day of the trip. The field trips will occur on Wednesdays, and are as follows:Week 1: July 1st, No Field Trip
- There will not be a field trip due to the shortened week.
- Campers will depart via bus at approximately 9:30 and arrive at Pump it Up in Shrewsbury at 9:45. The cost will be $11 per camper. Campers will enjoy jumping, bouncing and laughing in a private inflatable arena and a private party room. Lunch will be eaten at the site so please provide your camper with a lunch. Campers must wear socks to enter Pump It Up. Payment and permission slip are due by July 1st.
- Campers will be bussed to Roller Kingdom for a two hour period from 10:30-12:30. Cost is $19 and includes skates, lunch (a slice of pizza and a soda), a 15 minute LazerTag session, and transportation. Payment and permission slip are due by July 6th.
- Campers will depart via bus at approximately 10:30 and arrive at the Higgins Armory Museum at 11:00. The cost will be $17 per camper. This includes a live arms presentation which consists of a series of hands on demonstrations. There will also be a tour of the Great Hall Museum which is a large display of shields, swords and over 70 suits of armor. Lunch will be eaten at the site so please provide your camper with a lunch. Payment and permission slip are due by July 13th.
- Campers will depart via bus at approximately 10:30 and arrive at the Science Discovery Museum at 11:00. The cost will be $16 per camper. This includes a 90 minute self-guided inquiry of the hands-on science exhibits. These exhibits provide a fun active learning experience that engages all ages, abilities, and learning styles. Lunch will be eaten at the site so please provide your camper with a lunch. Payment and permission slip are due by July 20th.
- Campers will be bussed to the AMF Bowling Lanes in Auburn for a two hour period from 11:00- 1:00. The cost of the trip will be $15. This includes an hour of bowling, shoes, lunch and transportation. Payment and permission slip are due by July 27th.
- Campers will be bussed to the theater at 10:30 for a presentation of this summer’s block buster. Price is $19, and includes movie ticket, small popcorn, small drink and transportation. Lunch will be eaten back at camp. Payment and permission slip are due by August 3rd.
- Campers will be bussed to Hopkinton State Park from 10:30 am – 2:30 pm for an afternoon of outdoor games and nature walks. Lunch will be eaten at the picnic site—please provide your camper with a lunch. Cost is $7 per camper. Payment and permission slip are due by August 10th.
Add a comment
- Gibbons Students Washington Trip Update: All is well; Holocaust Memorial visit cancelled
- Come see The BoroughTones at Mulligan's Open Mic night!
- Student Soloists Featured in Vivaldi Cello Festival 7PM Mill Pond
- School notice regarding additional H1N1 "swine flu" information
- Westborough Community Band to Perform in July
- Lydia Laskow Exhibition at Art and Frame Emporium
- Free Business and Employment Seminars May 30
- Town Meeting Results - Spring 2009
- Youth Commission Seeks Youth Members
- Congrats to Spring 2009 Election Winners!
Page 62 of 73<< Start < Prev 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 Next > End >>
Local Business Ads
21 July 2014
WESTBOROUGH BOARD OF SELECTMENMEETING AGENDA Tuesday, July 22, 2014Forbes Municipal Building, 45 West Main Street, Room #23 6:30 p.m. (Times [for agenda items] are approximate) 1. 6:30 p.m....